Do you know the answers to these questions?..
- What are employees rights for time off to care for an elderly relative?
- What do you need to do if you have to make employees redundant?
- What is the statutory amount of break time an employee is entitled to?
- Can you legally refuse an employee who wishes to work part time?
- What is the difference between Parental Leave and Paternity Leave?
If you know the answers to all of the above, congratulations and well done!
If you don’t or you aren’t sure, maybe you need help from Duncan HR Ltd.
Employment legislation is becoming increasingly complex and companies are often unsure if they comply or if they are running the risk of exposing the company to financial claims and penalties or adverse publicity.
Making a snap decision, or saying something rash in the heat of the moment, giving a disciplinary warning or even a dismissal, could have large financial repercussions if it is not carried out in accordance with the laws in force and following the correct procedure in the correct order.
Companies need to have certain policies and procedures documented, used and be available to their employees. This not only meets the statutory requirements, but creates and supports a smooth and harmonious working environment.
Duncan HR Ltd. can help you feel safe and secure in the knowledge that your Employment Legislation obligations are being met.
We can do this in two ways;
- As a Consultant – If you have a problem simply contact us for help and advice.
- Or on a more formal basis essentially providing you with an outsourced Human Resources Department.